So you’re new to blogging, eh? Well, I’m not! So here are some tips I have found from blogging for a couple years now.
1. Use multimedia! Gifs, pictures, videos, anything! They grab the attention of the reader and bring them in to see what you have to say. Especially if it’s a cute and humorous one.
2. Write what you want! It’s your blog, you can post what you want, however you want. If people get mad about it, let them!
3. Don’t let hate get you down. There are guaranteed going to be people who don’t like what you post, but so what? Your opinion matters, and people disagree with you. Nothing wrong with that!
4. Don’t worry about timelines. Like I said, it’s your blog and you can post whatever you want, whenever you want! The whenever is really key here. Unless you are professionally writing a blog for your career, which would require deadlines to be met, don’t worry about it!
5. Going off of 4, save drafts! If you write something, or have something that you want to save, save it! You don’t have to post it right away just because you want people to see it. People are going to see it anyway. Save it and work on it later.
6. Use a queue. Queue’s can be really effective in separating a lot of your posts into more spread out time periods. If you have a lot of different posts to post and don’t want to jam everybody at once, then spread them out!
7. Even if nobody sees your blog but you, that’s still okay too! Blogs can be great places to let out emotions and feelings. For me, writing is a great way to do that and get out what I need to, and blogging is a great way to do that. Especially when you’re sad.
8. Don’t force people to see your blog. Again, not everybody is going to want to see it, and not everybody will. Casually mention it sometimes, post it on Facebook as a status that you have it, and people will want to see what you have to say.
9. Have fun! It’s your blog, post what you want, how you want! If you can’t have fun with it, then work some things out and change some things around!
10. Lastly, don’t worry about it so much. If you don’t have every gist and knook and cranny figured out about blogging, that’s okay! Nobody really does. There’s always something new to find out, and you won’t know everything from just starting. Take it easy and it’ll come to ya!